Advancing 3D cell-culture-based technology to deliver more biologically relevant insights for in vitro testing
Creating a healthier society by enabling life science companies to invent novel compounds in a safer, more efficient, faster, and animal-free way.
- Honesty, integrity and respect for all employees, customers and suppliers
- Contribution to the development of safe, effective compounds that improve quality of life
- Integrity and precision in our scientific work to the highest ethical standards
- Open communication and transparency for all employees
- Recognition and reward of achievement through creativity, risk taking, process improvements, and innovation
- Adaptability and flexibility in the workplace
InSphero provides advanced, yet easy-to-use 3D cell-culture-based solutions for drug discovery and development. Our organotypic human- and animal-derived models offer superior biological relevance for in vitro compound testing. Our patented technologies, including the 3D Select™ Process (pending) and scaffold-free 3D cell culture plates, enable large-scale, reproducible production of a broad range of assay-ready 3D InSight™ Microtissues derived from liver, pancreas, tumor, heart, brain, and skin. Contract in vitro toxicology and drug discovery screening services help identify promising drugs and toxic liabilities with greater predictive power at early development stages, to enable better preclinical decision-making, reduce development costs, shorten time to reduce animal use in testing. InSphero technologies have driven significant findings in peer-reviewed journals, through collaborative projects such as EU-ToxRisk and HeCaToS, and have gained validation in the world’s largest government institutions and pharmaceutical, chemical, and cosmetics companies. In addition, our 3D models are being incorporated into advanced microphysiological systems (MPS) for more efficient in vitro drug testing in complex multi-tissue systems.
Founded in 2009 and privately held, InSphero is headquartered in Schlieren, Switzerland with subsidiaries in the United States (Brunswick, ME) and Waldshut, Germany. We have received several national and international awards in recognition of our scientific and commercial achievements.