In vitro combinatorial cancer drug testing using advanced tumor spheroid and tumor-stromal co-culture models
Combinatorial efficacy testing of drug pairs in advanced 3D tumor models
- Assess 2 test compounds alone and in combination in 3D InSight™ Tumor Microtissues
- Utilize kinetic size profiling (spheroid area) and viability (CellTiter-Glo®) endpoints for range finding and combinatorial analysis
- Receive potency (EC50) and efficacy (maximum response) values, along with combinatorial analysis by the Chou-Talalay method1
Model System Employed
3D InSight™ Tumor Microtissues
For pricing information and shipping costs, please request a quote, indicating the desired product, amount, and the preferred shipment date.
Catalog # Description SP-01-042-02 3D InSight™ Combinatorial Drug Testing Service
(2 compounds, 1 control, 1 model)
Please inquire for different numbers of compounds. Volume discounts for larger testing programs are available.
Reveal potential combinatorial effects of drug pairs in more relevant 3D tumor models
Test your drug of interest in combination with other therapeutics to identify pairs with synergistic, additive, or antagonistic effects. We determine potency (EC50), efficacy (maximum response) and growth kinetics of 2 compounds alone and in combination, using size and ATP (viability) endpoints over a 10 day dosing period.
- Range finding for 2 compounds alone (ATP and size after 10 day exposure), plus Staurosporine control
- Individual and combinatorial testing at selected doses with analysis by Chou-Talalay method1
Simultaneous treatment of MX-1 (breast)/NIH3T3 tumor/fibroblast co-culture spheroids with Gemcitabine and Docetaxel reveals synergistic combinatorial growth inhibition compared to treatment with either compound alone.
- 3D InSight™ Tumor microtissues (monoculture or co-culture with fibroblasts)
- Custom tumor model developed by our 3D experts
- Range finding: 10 days. 3 dosings (day 0, 3, and 7)
- Combinatorial treatment: 6 days. 1 dose (day 0)
- Biochemical: ATP-based dose-response curve for test compounds after 10 days using Promega CellTiter-Glo®
- Phenotypic: Size-based dose-response curve of test compounds after 10 days, growth kinetics of selected concentrations over time using Cell3iMager
Test compound concentration
- Range finding: 11-point dose-response curve, each data point in duplicate
- Combinatorial treatment: selected concentrations
- ATP dose-response curve of test compounds (day 10)
- Size-based dose-response curve of test compounds (day 10) and growth kinetics of selected concentrations over time
- Potency (EC50) values
- Efficacy (max response)
- Combination analysis by the Chou-Talalay method
- Standard deviation of DMSO and vehicle control
- Written report including materials and methods, compound information, graphs, and data summary table
- 30 µL of 200x DMSO-stock
- 0.5% DMSO, 1 positive control (Staurosporine)
1. Chou, T.C. (2010) Drug combination studies and their synergy quantification using the Chou-Talalay method. Cancer Res. Jan 15; 70(2):440-6.