Assess tumor chemoresistance and recurrence potential in vitro in response to repeat or single-pulse drug dosing using advanced 3D tumor models
- Assess your test compound in 3D InSight™ Tumor Microtissues (monoculture or co-culture)
- Utilize kinetic size profiling (spheroid area) and viability (CellTiter-Glo®) endpoints to first determine baseline potency (EC20 and EC50) and efficacy (maximum response) values over 5 day exposure
- Determine relapse classification comparing growth kinetics over 10 days following repeat vs. single-pulse dosing
- Receive potency (EC20 and EC50) and efficacy (maximum response) values, growth constants, and relapse classification value for your drug and 3 control compounds (Taxol, Doxorubicin, Staurosporine)
For pricing information and shipping costs, please request a quote, indicating the desired product, amount, and the preferred shipment date.
Catalog # Description SP-01-043-01 3D InSight™ Tumor Relapse Assay Service (1 compound, 3 controls, 1 model)
Please inquire for different numbers of compounds. Volume discounts for larger testing programs are available.
Classify the kinetics of tumor relapse potential in vitro
Sequentially determine the response of a tumor to your drug, and then the kinetics of tumor re-growth (relapse) following removal of the drug. We use phenotypic (size-based) assessment of spheroid growth with the Cell3iMager, allowing continuous, non-lytic monitoring off spheroid growth over time.
- Determination of EC20 and EC50 values using ATP and size after 5 day exposure (test drug & TAX, DOX, STA)
- Relapse assay comparing pulsed dosing (day 0 only) at EC50 and EC20 to repeat dosing (day 0, 3, 7) at max response concentration over 10 days
- Relapse classification
Example tumor relapse kinetics for Doxorubicin showing recovery of HCT-116 tumor spheroid growth following single treatment (pulsed-green line) at the EC50 dose, compared to repeat-dosing over 10 days at the max response dose (gray line) or vehicle control (black line). Growth constants are used to determine relapse classification values at EC20 and EC50 values.
- 3D InSight™ Tumor microtissues (monoculture or co-culture with fibroblasts)
- Custom tumor model developed by our 3D experts
- Potency and efficacy determination: 5 days. 1 dose at day 0
- Relapse classification: 10 days (single dose at EC20 and EC50, repeat dose at maximum efficacy concentration at day 0, 3, and 7)
- Biochemical: ATP-based dose-response curve for test compounds after 10 days using Promega CellTiter-Glo®
- Phenotypic: Size-based dose-response curve of test compounds after 10 days, growth kinetics of selected concentrations over time using Cell3iMager
Test compound concentration
- Potency and efficacy determination: 11-point dose-response curve, each data point in duplicate
- Relapse classification: EC20, EC50, maximum efficacy concentration for test compound and controls
- ATP dose-response curve of test compounds (day 5)
- Size-based dose-response curve of test drug and controls (day 5) and growth kinetics over time using the Cell3iMager
- Potency (EC20 and EC50) values
- Efficacy (max response)
- Growth constants
- Standard deviation of DMSO and vehicle control
- Written report including materials and methods, compound information, graphs, and data summary table
- 30 µl of 200x DMSO-stock
- 0.5% DMSO, 3 control compounds (Taxol, Doxorubicin, Staurosporine)