A standardized alternative to primary rat pancreatic islets for reproducible, reliable, and more efficient islet and diabetes research
Get early access to 3D InSight™ Rat Islet Microtissues
A standardized in vitro rat islet model for translational diabetes studies and toxicity testing
- Robust model persisting > 28 days in culture, displaying a larger GSIS assay window, and sensitivity to insulin secretagogues
- Homogeneous islet size and cellular composition reflecting native rat islet
- Delivered assay-ready in 96-well non-adherent GravityTRAP™ plates, eliminating hand-picking
- Produced regularly, availabily monthly for beta testing
InSphero 3D InSight™ Rat Islet Microtissues
InSphero 3D InSight™ Rat Islet Microtissues are available for beta testing purposes, with monthly shipping dates available to customers in the United States and Europe as indicated below. Please send your request for early access microtissues on or before Tuesday at 6 PM (CET) based on the schedule below, indicating your desired ship date.
For pricing information and shipping costs, please request a quote, indicating the desired model system, the number of plates needed, and the preferred ship date. For more detailed information about the order and shipment dates for all InSphero microtissue products, please see our quarterly production schedule.
3D InSight™ Rat Islet Microtissues (early access)
Production lead time: 4 weeks
Uniform Cellular Composition and Size Distribution
3D InSight™ Rat Islet Microtissues display a cellular architecture with most of the β cells in the core, and the non-β cells in the mantle, similar to the organization observed in native rat pancreatic islets.
Convenient Assay-ready Delivery Format
3D InSight™ Islet Microtissues are delivered in our patented 96-well GravityTRAP™ Plate. The plate's SureXchange™ ledge enables simple medium exchange for islet maintenance and compound dosing.
- Acute and chronic efficacy/toxicity testing for novel compounds in reference to characterized compounds that influence β-cell viability and/or function
- Histology-based proliferation and apoptosis assays in β-cells
- Testing of human donor-donor differences for functional β-cell responses
- Cross species translatability testing with 3D InSight™ Human and Rat Islet Microtissues
Endpoints for viability and function:
- ATP content
- Insulin content
- Chronic insulin secretion
- Glucose-stimulated insulin secretion (GSIS)
- Caspase assays for apoptosis analysis (In development)
- β-cell proliferation assays (PDX-1/EdU)